Monday, February 21, 2011

Holy HOT Flash

Well today is day 3 of taking Clomid and all I can say is Holy HOT Flash (s).

Yes, the side effects have begun. In fact, it is like a high of 35 maybe and I had to go outside to cool down. I had a pretty hots night sleep but, other than that, I feel pretty normal. I had acupuncture today and we are continuing to be aggressive with Chinese Medicine remedies and acupuncture along with my Clomid. I have an ultra sound next Monday to see if I am developing any mature follicles. Fingers Crossed I am.. So we will see how that goes. However, a brief back up in this story for a moment... (since I am terrible about blogging, to be expected (as my husband predicted))...

I did have a moment of frustration before the Clomid intake though. I called the doctor's office to schedule my appointment for my ultrasound and it was normal scheduling procedure then she said, "well every month you will have to pay $150.00 for all of your fertility matters" I was like ok (which is not awful expensive but I only go once a month so it is still alot, I mean if I went more I would be all for it).. but what am I going to say No I refuse to pay? then I was silently thinking, Wow... that is so swell that (pardon my overly exposed opinion at this point) but..  why can all of the White Trash (WT) in the waiting room in their PJ's drinking Mountain Dew A. get pregnant and B. get free everything care including fertility consultation with OHP.. but no I can't get any coverage for fertility matters with really "great" insurance and I will too, pay for you (WT) to have your baby and get every ounce of care you need for you and your baby, and likely pay for you and your baby the rest of your lives.. but also get to pay for every drop of trying to have a baby, conceiving a baby oh.. and caring for myself and my baby more then you likely ever will.. ughh so mad! (I know I am a social worker and I do know there are people who do need support in these areas but seriously you WT moochers...I mean barely make above the poverty line but seriously!!! I feel I can express this frustration and I know many of you are in agreement)..

Anyway.. now I am actively a Clomid user and abuser :) and we will see how this continues to go..

Til Next Time.. my readers :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about the prego's with their Mountain Dew. I laughed out loud, only b/c it's so true. I hope that it goes great!!! Here's to hoping for mature follicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, clomid is how I got Austen!! It took me 2 rounds and they had to double my dose the 2nd time, so don't give up!! Oh and it turned me into a raving b-word! And yes I would have to agree with you on the WT issue.

    ReplyDelete