Sunday, October 23, 2011

Expecting..

OMG.. yes it is true we are having a baby! The little peanut is due May 22, 2012.
And, as you know that if you have followed this blog this as been a long road to get here.
To make a long story short...
My summer was full of fertility medication (clomid and metformin) only to find out that it was not working. We were spending our summer in and out of the doctor's office trying medication coupled with ultrasound monitoring and iui treatments.
In August, we learned that my time was up on these medications and the next best option was to think about having exploratory surgery to see if I had any scar tissue or other issues going on in there...we decided that we were ready to take the next step. I knew that if surgery was not successful (meaning that they could not find anything wrong) I was going to be referred to a fertility expert in the Portland area. However, during my appointment my doctor performed an ultrasound and saw that I had produced a follicle on my own... we did not think much of it. I had a summer full of follicles...so we went on with our month and I focused and researched IVF treatments and the surgery I was set to have.
I was all set for surgery and I was going in for my pre-opp appointment and realized that I was somewhat late.. but I didn't think much of it, I had been late before. I decided to take a test since I knew when I got to the doctor's office they would likely make me anyway... and out came a positive.. I WAS SHOCKED. I went into the doctor's office and presented them with the results. We were all shocked and excited.. so I had some blood tests, and all showed that that my levels were performing as they should. I have had 2 ultrasounds, one at 5 1/2 weeks and one at 6 1/2 weeks and everything looks perfect so far.. we even got to see a heartbeat.
We are beyond excited to share this news, but we are still very scared that something could happen. we pray that we will be blessed with a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. thank you all for thinking of us throughout this journey and  I will try to blog as this journey continues....
Right now I am 10 weeks, 2 weeks to go until I am in my second tri-mester. I did not know that it would be possible to throw up so much and what not wanting to eat would be like... it has been not very fun. Graham Crackers and water are my BFF... hopefully the cravings come soon :) I am ready to get to eating!
So here we go... the journey begins.... Parenthood here we come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment